I just wanted to update you on the status of both of my current projects: the reproduction of a historic coverlet and my self-portrait.
I spent about and hour or so studying this coverlet my friend wants me to weave a reproduction of and this is what I know so far:
I will try and post pictures soon, but if I am going to take the time to photograph it, I want to do it well.
In terms of my self-portrait, I said last time I wrote that I knew what I wanted to do. Well, I lied. I am now experimenting with a couple of different options. Perhaps I am just second guessing myself and just need to stop and commit to something. If it works, it works. If it doesn't, it doesn't. But the end of the year is fast approaching and I will have a new self-portrait that I need to work on.
But I did make progress last week and I accomplished the goals that I see for myself. I got my paper cut down to the correct size and stitched the edges. My goal for this week to is get dyes mixed so I can paint the background, apply my contact paper stencil to the screen, and hopefully, get the portrait printed.