I was making such great progress!
Last week, I managed to get all of my little arrows cut out and back with newsprint (to help reinforce them as they went through the sewing machine). I actually even sat down yesterday to begin stitching the edges on the machine. That's when I hit a big snag: the pieces are so small, they keep getting caught in the machine, especially the tails of the arrows. I was incredibly disappointed and frustrated. So it's back to the drawing board for me.
I am going to have to make more fabric since I've already cut up all that I had made. I'm also going to have to experiment with arrow size. First, I am going to try doubling the size. Each of the arrows I had was 1" wide and 1.5" long, and I am going to increase that to 2" x 3" and see if I still have the same problem when I send it through the machine. If I'm still having trouble, I'm going to experiment using arrows with a flat bottom instead of a split bottom. And if none of that works, I'm really going to have to reassess my plans.
Needless to say, my goal for this week is to get that all sorted out and be at the same point in the project I was at this time last week.