I made another sample over the past couple of days and I think that I am much happier with this one.
I do like that it is vertical and I feel like it has a wider variety of elements in the composition. However, I do think I need to add a couple of more painted eggs somewhere. There is this transition that appears to happen from eggs that are more transparent to eggs that are more solid and I really like that transition. However, it seems sort of abrupt, so I think adding a more solid egg or two towards the top will help that transition be more smooth.
I've also decided on a size: 12" x 24". It's kind of an odd size, but it is similar to work that I have done in the past, so I think it will work well.
So this week, I can begin to cut out pieces! I'm kind of excited about it!