I've gotten a little bit of work done over the past week, but not as much as I would have liked. It's been a crazy week, and I don't anticipate the craziness letting up until school is out in 2 weeks.
In terms of my portrait, I did manage to get the paper dyed and the portrait printed. Now, I just have some pieces that I need to cut out and that piece should be done. Then, I can finally move on to the next piece.
In terms of the coverlet, I started on drafting out the pattern for the smaller of the 2 blocks. Each pattern repeat measures 3" wide by 8.25" long. I've noticed that essentially, the pattern is a series of hexagons repeated across the length and width that become drawn out as the number of times each pattern pick is treadle changes (8x, 6x, 4x, 2x, etc).
Also, I emailed my weaving professor from college about backwards drafting the pattern, because I do not recall ever doing it in class. She said that we did do this, but all I recall is her mentioning that he professor made her do it. That's the extent of it. She also said that it is a complicated process, which I assumed, and she is going to try and find her handouts for me on the topic.
All in all, I feel accomplished for the week.