I've been working on a new piece for about a month now, and the other night, I "finished" it.
I'm calling it "Because the Grief is Still So Near (In Loving Memory)" and it is inspired by the loss of my grandmother. Here are some in progress shots:
But, I pulled it off of the shelf I had set it on last night, and I realized that I wasn't quite happy with it. I don't know what it is, but I feel like it is missing something, like there needs to be some sort of unification between the roses and the portrait.
The way that it turned out is how I originally intended it to look, with only the absence of tendrils of thread that I originally wanted to hang down from the roses (I just thought it looked too sloppy). I don't know if I need to add a little bit of pink into the face, or what. I am toying with the idea of adding a magpie to this piece too, perhaps clutching a rose petal. I seriously don't know.
I think I will take a long look at it this weekend to try and resolve the issue because I want to be happy with it since I put a lot of time into it.