Well, I have shipped my portraits off to San Antonio! Let's hope they get there safely and on time (and then return in August safely and on time). I'd really have to repaint 15 pieces.
I sat down and did some math. I calculated that if I paint 7 portraits a week between now and January, I should have about 370 or so completed. I'm hoping that during the summer--when I don't have to deal with school work too--that I will be able to paint more than 7, putting my total completed nearer to 300 by the new year. I was doubting for a while that I could do this. In fact, that was a huge concern at my annual review this past April. A project like this is a massive undertaking. I knew that at the beginning, but I have been denying it to myself. But, the math makes me feel better about actually completing it on time. Now the problem is finding the motivation and will power to stick to such a strict schedule. I'm notorious for finding things to do other than what I need to be working on.
Anyway, I painted 1o pieces in the last 7 days. A good start to a long year.
I can't believe that it has been so long since I updated. I've just been so busy, that this blog was the last thing on my mind. I have made it a goal of mine to do a lot of writing over the summer, and blogging is included within that goal.
So much has happened since the last time. I've been painting portraits as fast as I can (although I did take a brief break because I was initially told that they were not enough for my thesis; needless to say, I have been told they should be my only focus from now on) and they have been getting into shows. That's great, because I was at the point of needing some sort of motivation in relation to this project to keep me going. Most notably, portraits 16-30 are going to the SDA Student Exhibition in San Antonio as soon as I get enough money to ship them out. I also got a summer research assistantship to work on a series of weavings to be woven at a mill. Lots of good things coming up that I am super excited about.